Thursday, January 12, 2012

Retail Therapy

I've had to really watch myself lately. In addition to carbs/diet coke being my weakness when I'm down/feeling depressed, I've started ordering random crap online. Somehow the joy of knowing I could get a package in the mail makes me feel better. Maybe it's just having something, anything, to look forward to.
My latest obsession has been Bath & Body Works (and with their annual sale going on, why not right?!). I just can't stop buying their stuff. Hey, if I can't have a family at least I can smell good while I wallow in depression, right?
I do regret one unfortunate eBay purchase I made. I made the mistake of venturing over to the baby clothes section, and there it was... this adorable collection of small 0-3m baby boy clothes. It made my heart melt and I just had to buy it. It was only like $6 so I figured that was a pretty great deal (anything to justify my actions to DH) and my friends with kids have assured me you can never buy too much baby crap.
Of course I had done this BEFORE we got the news about DH's ZERO sperm count, back when I still felt hopeful about having kids. A lot can change in a week. Anyways, the package got here today, and instead of just chucking it in the upstairs closet with our other baby stuff that will prob never see the light of day, I decided to open the box and look at everything. I almost felt guilty doing that, I have no idea why. It just felt wrong to have such tiny, perfect clothes that I will likely never get the chance to use. I just sat there trying to imagine me and DH's baby in each of the outfits, how tiny and perfect he would be.

I've done really well with my diet this week, especially today. I've lost 2 pounds this week so I must be doing something right despite a couple slip-ups. Been staying at or below 120g/carbs this week as planned. I got brave and made a sugar-free zucchini chocolate "cake"...definitely not the worst tasting thing ever, but it wasn't that great either. I was able to choke some of it down with some redi-whip and sugar free chocolate syrup. Don't think I will be making that again.
I'm planning on popping some popcorn later for GREY'S ANATOMY (hell yeah) and making a cauliflower/ham/cheese casserole and some new and improved egg muffins for breakfast tomorrow.
Still haven't made it to the gym. I keep meaning to go, even got dressed in my workout clothes today, and things keep coming up. Maybe tomorrow?
Speaking of tomorrow, I'll be officially selling Avon tomorrow! I'm excited and hoping I can make enough to save up for IVF (nothing like a little motivation).

No comments:

Post a Comment